Sunday, December 16, 2007

Update on the New Desperation Isle Mall

Thanks to those of you who toured and voted on the mall prototype designs this weekend. Voting for the survey is now closed, and here are the results:
  • Model 1: The Square 47.4% (9 votes)
  • Model 2: The Big Circle 31.6% (6 votes)
  • Model 3: The Little Circle 21.1% (4 votes)
The Square is the second-most compact prototype mall I built in the past couple of weeks, and I believe it is small enough to actually fit on the island where the current mall resides. This slightly changes my plans a bit.
  1. Beginning on Monday, the 17th, I will be return vendor items from the current mall so I can tear down the mall and replace it with the new one. You are free to pick up your things before-hand if you like. (It ill make my life easier if you do.)
  2. I will decorate the mall a bit, and place any teleporters or signs so that you know where things are going to be and aren't surprised by new additions upon later trips to the mall. I'm also decorating a sort of welcome area in the castle. This is where many of the signs currently at my welcome area will go, so they're not blocking the view of stalls in the mall.
  3. Once the mall is in place I will personally invite my long-time tenants to take their pick of spots
  4. Next I will send out a group notice to the rest of my vendors.
  5. If there are any spots left, I will contact vendors currently on my waiting list.
  6. After you claim your stall I will apply any rent that you had remaining on your old rent box to your new box, and give you a free week of rent on top of that. (I have not been charging any rent the past 2 weeks and I know exactly how much rent every tenant had remaining on their boxes.)
  7. Once the mall's sufficiently populated, I will send out an announcement to the New Desperation Isle updates group (separate from the renters group) and do some advertising in several places to get the word out about the new mall.
Here's picture of the winning model people voted on, for those who missed the open house. The others were round, resembling arenas. Folks felt the big one was too big and the little one didn't offer enough visibility.

We should be back in business by this weekend. Thank you.

No comments: